About Our Yunnan Pu-Erh Tea
Pu-erh tea or Pu’er tea is a unique type of fermented tea that’s traditionally made in the Yunnan, Province of China. The fermentation process gives this tea a distinctive rich, smooth & earthy taste.
• Improves cholesterol
• Promote weight loss
• Boost liver health
Pu-erh tea contains caffeine hence depending on the strength of the brew, can contain 30–100 mg of caffeine per cup. So, we recommend up to 2 cups (280ml – 480ml) of pu-erh tea per day.
How to brew Pu-Erh tea?
What you need:
- a single Pu-erh tea cake approx. 5.5-6.5 grams
- boiling water
- a teapot or teacup with strainer
- optional with honey, cream, milk, or sweetener
1) Place a pu-erh tea cake in the teapot or teacups and add just enough boiling water to cover the tea cake, then discard the water. This “rinse” helps to brew better quality pu-erh tea. Repeat this step twice.
2) Fill the teapot with boiling water and allow the tea to steep for 2 minutes. Based on your taste preferences, you can steep for a longer or shorter time.
3) Pour the tea into teacups and add honey or milk etc., as desired. The tea can be steeped multiple times!
- Pu-erh tea is a fermented product and will continues to improve in quality as it ages, so, if properly stored, it lasts nearly indefinitely.
- Keep pu-erh tea cakes in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
- However, if it looks or smells off, or there’s visible mold growing on it, you should throw it away.